Well, the results of the Canadian Blog Awards were released last night and we didn't fair too badly.
When the final ballots were counted, we ended up in a strong second place behind Ms. Samantha Burns. Not too bad considering we only made it past the first round of voting in 5th place by 1 vote (54-53 votes against the Cassandra Pages).
Here are the results from the BEST PERSONAL BLOG category...
1. The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns - 248 Votes (24%)Though we didn't think we stood much of a chance in the beginning, an agressive campaign, followed by endorsements by Buckets and CalgaryGrit almost pushed us over the top!
2. Daveberta - 245 Votes (24%)
3. Jenandtonic - 196 Votes (19%)
4. Postmodernes Sprachspienlen - 192 Votes (19%)
5. Postcards from the Mothership - 148 Votes (14%)
So, props to all our lovely competitors and make sure to check out their blogs!
Props to Sam Burns for her first place finish - by 3 votes! (now we know how Laurie Hawn will feel on election night when Anne McLellan once against sqweeks through in Edmonton Centre... BA-ZING! :-P )
And of course, %100 props to all those who voted for us! May all your Christmas wishes come true. :-P