this blog has moved to a new address: daveberta.ca

Please update your RSS, bookmarks, and links to http://daveberta.ca.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

folking the fest.

I was quite excited to see that Back to the Future II was on last night. Though the first Back to the Future film is clearly superior to the second film, I really enjoyed watching it on TBS (and yes, I do own the trilogy on DVD...).

Feel free to check out this Back to the Future related postI wrote up in June of 2005. The post outlines some of the positives and negatives of the film, along with the plot holes in Back to the Future II. Ilearly had too much time on my hands on the evening of June 10, 2005.

On another note, I spent most of my weekend at the Edmonton Folk Festival and it was a lot of fun to spend the day sitting out in the sun on a tarp and enjoying the great tunes.

In no particular order (because they were all great), I took in the tunes of Bruce Cockburn, Sarah Harmer, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Feist, Chumbawamba, The McDades, Oscar Lopez, Hawksley Workman, James Keelghan, Rachelle van Zanten, Jenny Allen, The Wailin' Jennys, David Gray, Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder, Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Salil Bhatt, Salif Keita, and many many more...

3 comments:

Idealistic Pragmatist said...

Don't tell me you missed Show of Hands! Oh, you poor thing.

Anonymous said...

The best act all weekend was Rodrigo Y Gabriela's private concert at Stage 1 on Sunday. They missed all of their cooperative workshop sessions for some unknown reason, however I was lucky enough to be beer-tent bound when they took the stage just adjacent to there. Absolutely amazing! When their CD comes out in Canada this fall, definitely try to hear it. :)

Anonymous said...

This year's folk fest was great!!! I enjoyed it sooo much!