this blog has moved to a new address:

Please update your RSS, bookmarks, and links to

Saturday, December 02, 2006

dion pulls ahead.

So, I'm sitting around watching CPAC's coverage of the Federal Liberal leadership convention.

Jean LaPierre is being interviewed. I wondered what happened to him.

They are getting ready for the third ballot. Stephane Dion, Michael Ignatieff, and Bob Rae are on the ballot. I was disappointed that Gerard Kennedy was knocked off the second ballot, but it's not overly surprising because he was fairly close to Dion for the third-fouth place position.

Here are the live third ballot resutls....

Michael Ignatieff - 1660
Bob Rae - 1375
Stephane Dion - 1782
Total - 4817
Needed to win - 2410

Stephane Dion pulls ahead on the fourth ballot. It's a Dion-Ignatieff showdown...

Very interesting turn of events...


A said...

I haven't been on my blog in ages, and therefore hadn't seen your fine expose on colonial wines. Good show, sir.

As for the rest of this - you have also inspired me to tune into CPAC instead of doing my homework.

interlocutor said...

Don't fret for Kennedy yet. He's brilliantly positioned himself as the a key lieutenant, especially given his strength in the West.

His biggest leadership liabilities, at least as I heard it said, seemed to be weak french and lack of Federal experience, both of which he'll be in a strong position to remedy sitting next to Dion (presuming he runs federally in short order).

And he's only 46.