this blog has moved to a new address: daveberta.ca

Please update your RSS, bookmarks, and links to http://daveberta.ca.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

what's a blogger to do?

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend of either:

a) Celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ;

or

b) Celebrating the arrival of the magical chocolate egg bearing "Easter Bunny."

Coming back to Edmonton after a weekend spent up north, I had a difficult time deciding just what I wanted to write about upon my triumphant return to Alberta's capital city...

I could write about the proposed development of a new arena in downtown Edmonton. The arena is being proposed as a way to revitalize Edmonton's downtown-core, but I'm still not sure if I understand how building a giant cavernous hockey arena will equal revitalizion. Anyone care to explain? I'm hoping for some good coverage by Battle of Alberta and Covered in Oil...

I also could write about Tory Minister Ray Danyluk's political posturing for rural Alberta in preparation for the next Electoral Boundary Redistribution. It is too early to tell whether Danyluk and his gang (who shall know be known as the "rural clique") are blowing smoke to appease the "rural clique" or are turning an issue of fair democratic representation in the Alberta Legislature into a purely political game. As I've written in the past, rural Alberta is incredibly overrepresented in the Legislative Assembly compared to urban Alberta. I'm really hoping that Edmonton Mayor Stephen Mandel, Calgary Mayor Dave Bronconnier, and their Councils don't hesitate in standing up for fair provincial representation for Alberta's two largest cities.

And finally, I could also give a shout out to the Grande Prairie Daily-Herald Tribune for their shout out in yesterday's paper (thanks to Bill for sending me the link). The Daily-Herald Tribune is one of the better newspapers from Alberta's smaller cities and usually makes my list of daily scans (along with the St. Albert Gazette and Fort McMurray Today).

No comments: