Tuesday, March 31, 2009
- Naheed Neshi has officially become Calgary City Hall's unofficial watchdog (Scott Hennig sheds a tear).
- A group of citizens based in Okotoks want to stop the City of Calgary from having a veto on the regional planning committee. They've started a petition and are on twitter @NoCalgaryVeto. The petition is hosted on the website of Jody MacPherson, who is also the Director of Communications for the University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine.
- I remain skeptical about Alberta's new rebranding campaign, but Chris LaBossiere likes it and has backed up his argument in a blog post.
- Mark your calendars, Edmonton Litfest 2009 is being held from October 22 to 25, 2009.
- New Ward boundaries have yet to be approved, but two candidates are already preparing their 2010 campaigns for Edmonton City Council. Former Edmonton-Sherwood Park NDP candidate Brian LaBelle is planning to run in the Ward 2 area, and Transit Riders' Union of Edmonton organizer Brendan Van Alstine is planning a run in the Ward 3 area.