this blog has moved to a new address: daveberta.ca

Please update your RSS, bookmarks, and links to http://daveberta.ca.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

yukon, mush!

Busy busy busy... so much going on lately... so much to comment on...

I'll save the rest for now, but most importantly, the Yukon Territorial Election is today!

My prediction...

Yukon Party - 8
Yukon Liberal - 7
Yukon NDP - 3

Premier Dennis Fentie reigns?

I was right on my predictions for the New Brunswick Provincial Election, so let's see how good my political radar is for the great white Yukon...

RESULTS at 10:20pm...

YUKON PARTY RE-ELECTED...

Yukon Party - 10 (40%)
Yukon Liberal - 5 (34%)
Yukon NDP - 3 (23%)

YUKON PARTY MAJORITY.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to predict a perfect three-way split:

YP: 6
Lib: 6
NDP: 6

Now tell me that wouldn't make for some fun times, especially with all the party hopping that goes on up there! :D

KC said...

My prediction:

YLP - 8
YP - 6
YNDP - 4

kenchapman said...

Libs 10
Yukon 5
NDP 3

Gauntlet said...

Holy cow. In Vuntut Gwitchin ("Old Crow") 2 of 4 polls reporting, and a total of 14 votes cast. And this is the bell-weather riding in the Yukon.

People who live in the Yukon must feel like their votes actually matter.

kenchapman said...

I was right in my prediction - jsut had the parties wrong - A Yukon Majority. First time in a long tiem the Yukon did not change government with every election.

Anonymous said...

wow! I am usually bang on, had my ndp blinders on I guess...

10 YP

5 Liberals

3 NDP

Allie Wojtaszek said...

"People who live in the Yukon must feel like their votes actually matter."

People live in the Yukon? Don't they know they can move??? :-)

This has been an interesting political drama to observe - and a relief not to be a part of!

KC said...

People live in the Yukon? Don't they know they can move??? :-)

No offence but I would far rather live in the Yukon than Edmonton. I cant wait to be able to move back there.